Last Updated, April 16, 2020.
Pakaoo knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. By visiting Pakaoo, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Users Does Pakaoo Gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at Pakaoo. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future browsing for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Pakaoo or advertisements on Pakaoo and other content served by or on behalf of Pakaoo on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Pakaoo if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our user list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our users. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please unsubscribe from the button described so in the email itself.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as Recommendations and browsing preferences.
- We use web beacons (also known as “action tags” or “single-pixel gifs”) and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of certain site features and to conduct research and analysis. We also allow third parties to place web beacons and other technologies on our site to conduct research and analysis, but we do not provide personal information to such third parties.
Does Pakaoo Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, we will include offerings from these businesses on Pakaoo. In other cases, we may include joint offerings from Pakaoo and these businesses on Pakaoo. You can tell when another business is involved in the offering, and we share user information related to those offerings with that business.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, and providing marketing assistance. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Pakaoo users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and e-mail address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please use our User Administration pages to adjust your preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy additional services or business units. In such transactions, user information generally is transferred along with the rest of the service or business unit. Also, in the event that Pakaoo.in is acquired, user information will of course be included in the transaction.
- Protection of Pakaoo and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Pakaoo, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will always receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- What About Third-Party Advertisers?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
Pakaoo also displays personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about users, such as information you submit to us about web content you have watched or reviewed. Although Pakaoo does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in Ahmedabad who bought, watched, or browsed for Comedy Genre).
How Secure Is Information About Me?
If you use our subscription service, we work to protect the security of your subscription information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
What Choices and Access Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of such Pakaoo features as “Recommended For You”.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please unsubscribe from the email itself. (If you do not want to receive legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Pakaoo, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- Pakaoo is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not submit information about yourself to Pakaoo.
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- If you choose to visit Pakaoo, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to jurisdiction of New Delhi, India.
- If you have any concern about privacy at Pakaoo, please send us a thorough description to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve it.
- Examples of Information Collected
- Information You Give Us:
- You provide most such information when you register, search, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with us. For example, you provide information when you search for a web series, movie, actor or director; provide information in our registration form; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; vote in a poll; provide movie reviews , comments, or information related to web content; participate in a discussion board; and employ our notification services. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, e-mail address, physical address, pin code, and phone number; your age and gender; the web content, movies and celecrities/actors you like or dislike; and your general content preferences.
- Automatic Information:
- Information from Other Sources:
- Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information so that we can correct our records and deliver your next communication more easily.